“Our souls are not hungry for fame, comfort, wealth or power. Our souls are hungry for meaning, in the sense that we have figured out how to live so that our lives matter.”
Let yesterday and all the days before it just sit and live in the past, for now, I *know* you can do this, and just for kicks, tell yourself you are starting fresh. Let your thoughts mock you and let yourself even laugh at the whole notion. But start anyway.
Now, let’s go back to basics together. Insist on inner peace and harmony with these 7 things that you can’t forget to do:
1. Breathe life into your body only with love: –Not with anger, or self-judgement or criticism for what you ate last or what you desire next. Just unadulterated pure love. It doesn’t mean you are throwing discipline and good sense out of the window. It just means you are covering it in love, not tension and stress, whenever you breathe.
2. Decide your own self-worth before others do. Decide today that you are worth your weight in gold, or diamond, or your favorite rare jewel, and watch how nobody can dispute that once you establish your own worth. How can they? You have claimed your self-worth. You are done with this one. Insecurities haven’t a chance against a decisively positive mind!
3. Accept your loved ones just as they are. That’s right. We’re dealt out of a deck of cards, and we don’t get to switch. It is what it is, they are who they are, and perhaps they are even far better than we give them credit for. So stop changing them. Change yourself first. Change yourself only. And accept them as they are.
4. Allow none to make you feel small, guilty, ashamed or insecure:-Nobody has the permission to make you feel anything. You allow it. You open the door and say to them, “Sure come in, make me feel like crap, I allow it, no problem.” Without that, they can’t do it. What do you choose then? Choose wisely.
5. Expand your heart and your mind with books, education, and constant learning:-Learning happens on your time and on your watch, not in school and not at work. When your mind is learning, it is staying young and active and sharp. Read books. Educate yourself. Be learning whether you are 20 or 120 years old.
6. End your pursuit of accumulation of stuff and replace it with a collection of experience:-The path to minimalism is paved with true peace and harmony. It is pure, beautiful, and one that everyone can travel. It is the joy of seeing and believing that less is more, that we have all we need, and that we need only more inner peace and harmony, none of which you can buy. Collect experiences to enrich your life.
7. Give yourself permission to be human, to be who you are just as you are:- Can we stop being so hard on ourselves for just a change? Can we not see that being hard doesn’t get us where we want to go, but it only crushes our spirit? Be human. Sleep in if you need it. Eat more than your fair share if you are hungry or craving it. Allow your body to heal from injuries and pain – whether it’s physical or emotional – and allow yourself to be human. Then when you have recuperated, healed, and feel strong again, pick up speed and keep going. You’ll go faster if you are gentler to yourself first.